Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My Weekend Scrap Retreat ***OUAS***CSI#63

Hello,I am here to share with you a LO I did using Nadia's beautiful sketch for this month & also playing along with CSI....
On this LO I used the beautiful Vintage Summer Basics Collection from Maja Design,out of this collection I used 1933 bs,1943 bs,1912 bs,1909 & memories,I also used Send a Postcard,Send a Post card bs & Wishing You out of the Vintage Winter Collection. The Scrap Fx Chipboard used on this LO is Wordlet Scrap Retreat (2011043) & Dress form A Classic (2011248). Here is Nadia's Sketch for March......
I did hidden journalling on the tag behind the photo.With 5 dogs & moving my elderly parents into my home,I am pretty tied down as a caregiver,so my favorite thing to do on weekends is to Scrapbook.It is my stress release,in the summer I spend a lot of time in my garden. Here is case # 63 from CSI......
For the evidence I used the color palette, ribbon,flowers,pearls,tape measure,stripes,vintage elements,mesh,metal,numbers,stars,lace,tag,sewing & dressform. For the testimony I documented my creative space's,documented my hobby's & used the word inspire.I have 2 creative spaces,& 2 hobbies,they both require a lot of my time,but I love both,they are  therapy to me. To me scrapbooking & gardening are the same,they are about design,color & texture & both reward you with beauty in your completed project.My creative space in my garden is my whole yard, I do a lot of mass planting,so the color & texture takes you from the front yard to the the backyard in the same theme.I scrap space was my living room, dinning room,a room never used & is now used everyday,it is my space!!!! I spend a lot of time on my LO's hand stitching , layer's & distressing,then comes the detail,I can get a little carried away with that.Here are some close ups of detail......
Thank you so much for taking the time to look.....Rachelle

4 comments:

  1. Wow Rachelle - incredible details here! Stunning take on the sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness this must have taken ages, there are so many beautiful layers and so much detail to look at. I really love this and the colours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your layers and the texture you create~ another fabulous contribution this month~! So glad you joined us at OUAS :)

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! this is amazing project! love all the layering and texture! there is so much going on and so many pretty details but everything is just perfectly fitted together!
    thank you for joining us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete