Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Stocking****Maja Design****

Hello, I am here to share with you a LO I did, using the Vintage Frost Basics Collection from Maja Design. I just love this Collection,& you can combine it with any of the other Vintage Basics Collections. I took a photo of a stocking that I embroider,way before I got hooked on scrapbooking.
I combined the Vintage Frost Basics & the Vintage Autumn Basics collections. I did not have my Vintage Frost & wanted to get started on my stockings,so that is where I used the Autumn basics.....


From the Vintage Frost Basics Collection I used:1st of Dec,19th of Dec-BS,5th of Dec,7th of Dec & some of the BS's of the labels
From the Vintage Autumn Basics Collection I used #II, #II-BS, No X-BS

The Dusty Attic Chipboard used:
mini script ABC (DA0859)
Bird houses (DA0699)
Christmas Banners (DA0769)
fancy trim #2 (DA0446)
Birds on a branch #3 (DA1003)
teeny tiny abc set (DA0983)
mini hearts #2 DA0990)

wagon wheels (DA0697)
mini birds (DA0723)

Other products used,Audrey Flower Collection from Prima,picket fence crackle,Martha Stewart texture effects,brads,seed beads,burlap,lace,glitter,stencils (Crafters Workshop, Art is), (Prima,static).              Here are some closeups of detail............

I covered the chipboard stockings,with scraps of  paper from the Vintage Autumn Basics Collection,I glued on a small piece of lace, as I was working with the layers, in the stocking. I then hand stitched the stocking,strung some seed beads on to wire & attached them to the stocking....
There are 10 stockings,so I put on our family names & the dogs names....
On the string part of the stocking, I used gesso,then liquid accents & when that dried I applied stickles..
Shows a flower cluster using bird houses & the Audrey Collection from Prima...I used walnut stain on the bird houses,then rock candy crackle & when that dried I applied some Martha Stewart texture effects....
This shows some distressed,hand stitched layers. I also did some punch work & stencil work...
Layers of paper & chipboard,inspired by the stocking....
The center of the wagon wheel is a old brad, that I applied gesso,seed beads,pearls & rock candy crackle...
I love these birds on a branch,I covered them with the paper I was using, then inked the edges using a brown ink pad....
Thank you so much for taking the time to look.....Rachelle


6 comments:

  1. Wonderful Rachel!!
    Gorgeous little details
    Love your creations a lot!!!
    You are a great artiste!!
    have a great day!
    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your creations ! To day I was so surprised to see "my" name on your layout :) and a lot of other Icelandic names :)
    Love the material you use :)
    All the best to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is stunning, all the little socks look amazing and always love all your layers and textures.. love this..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally awesome. Always love your pages but this one is definitely a fav favourite. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely!!!!! Such beautiful work here~
    I so enjoy visiting to see your art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. U shud b very HAPPY. U DO SUCH GORGEOUS WORK.

    ReplyDelete