Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas**** Maja Design/Dusty Attic****

Merry Christmas!!! Today I am going to share with you, a Christmas stocking card that I made for a very special lady in Sweden, Marie. Marie is the Designer & owner of Maja Design,
I have a longer supply list on this post, as I decided to do a tut. It may be confusing (LOL),but I took the photo's in the order as I was working on this,missing a few here & there!!!
I used the Vintage Frost Basics Collection
Frost-Basics-P
I used:
6th of December
6th of December
21th of December BS
21st of December-BS
8th of December
8th of December
20th of December BS
20th of December-BS
Christmas diecuts
Christmas diecuts & BS's of labels 

The Dusty Attic Chipboard used:
Image 1
Vintage Frame (DA0254)
Holly #1 2pk (DA0110)
ATC Frame #1 (DA0673)
Lace Border #2 (DA0844)
Mini Holly #2(DA0186)
All I want for Christmas (DA0647)
Marrakesh Trellis Small (DA0821)
mini heart buttons (DA0682)
Flourish #5 (DA0434)
mini Lamp Posts (DA0754)
mini script ABC (DA0859)
other products:
Petaloo
Petaloo - Penny Lane Collection - Floral Embellishments - Forget Me Nots - Robin Egg Blue
Penny lane-forget me-robin egg blue
Petaloo - Textured Elements Collection - Christmas - Floral Embellishments - Burlap Poinsettias - Ivory
Burlap Poinsettias-Ivory
Petaloo - Botanica Collection - Floral Embellishments - Spring Berry Clusters - Pink
Spring Berry Clusters-Pink
IamRoses
 Ivory Semi Open Rose Buds
Ivory semi open buds
Prima Marketing
Prima - Art Extravagance - Texture Paste - White Sand - 8.5 Ounces
Texture Paste- White Sand
Prima - Art Extravagance - Texture Paste - Clear Crackle - 8.5 Ounces
Prima-Clear Crackle
Prima - Art Extravagance - Texture Paste - White Crackle - 8.5 Ounces
,
Prima - Finnabair - Art Ingredients - Glass Glitter - Pearl
glass glitter-pearl
Prima - Shabby Chic Treasures Collection - Ingvild Bolme - Metal Embellishments - Door Locks
shabby chic treasures-door locks


Tim Holtz
Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Glitter - Clear Rock Candy
Distress Glitter,Clear Rock Candy
Frosted Film
We R Keepers

Bulk metal eyelets-white
Pebbles chalk
Pebbles Inc. I Kan'dee Chalk Set, Earth Tones
Earth tones
Viva

pearl
Etsy ArtwearElements

Vintage White/Ivory Sari Silk recycled ribbon
Burlap,ribbon,pearls

Now,I will do a Tut on how I made this stocking....
I started off  by drawing & cutting out the top & bottom of the stocking on white cardstock. You can use any old paper,as you don't see it.....
One of the pieces of Dusty Attic I wanted to use is this Vintage Frame,so that is one of my starting points,of designing around the frame....
I then traced &cut out the lower part of the stocking onto the piece of Maja Paper. I glued it onto the cardstock. I use 2 layers,because of my hand stitching. If you are not stitching,you will not need as many layers or backings....
I will first go through my scraps to see what I will use on the stocking...
I traced & cut out the toe & heal of the stocking...
                                                                                                        I distressed the edges, & decided to use the Marrakesh Trellis
I glued the Trellis under the heel & toe,then trimmed off the excess...

I glued the Santa onto Dec 20th-BS, cut it out then distressed the edges..
I will also hand stitch this...
Theses hearts are the hearts that are dangling from the ribbon, I glued 2 hearts together with a piece of chain in between.
Then I clamped them together until the glue dried.....
I have now stitched the outside edges of the Santa. I covered the inside part of the Vintage frame with 21st of Dec. I  covered the top part of the stocking, I glued some lace on,then hand stitched the top & bottom,leaving the sides until I stitch the stocking together...The piece of chipboard is a piece of the lace border,left over from a project I did before this...
The BS of the top part of the stocking....
Now that I have the top just about done, I placed it on top of the lower part of the stocking,to decide what else I wanted to add....
So this is what I decided on....
I painted the Frame with white crackle,then once the crackle dried I brushed on some brown chalk,to bring out the cracks,then inked the edges....
I decided to do the frame as I did the lace,I painted on a thick coat of clear crackle,onto the paper,then attached it to the BS of the frame, (the crackle will act as the glue) then sprinkled on glass glitter & TH glitter while the crackle was still wet....
I used the TH frosted film over top the images....
I glued the BS's of the label onto this piece of paper,then cut them out & distressed the edges....

I glued a piece of burlap onto the top part of the stocking.... 
These are dry now,so I gave them a coat of cloudy blue paint,let that dry,then I applied a thick coat of clear crackle,sprinkling on the glass glitter & glitter as the crackle was still wet...These will have to dry,then I did the BS the same....
I punched in some eyelets,did some lace work,secured the door locks with brads. I also glued a piece of burlap on the BS of the stocking...
I am now gluing the top of the stocking on to the bottom....
I put weight on it as it dries...
I finished hand stitching the stocking,the glued it on to the 20th of Dec -BS,distressing the edges...I also added the frame & flourish's. I did the same treatment to those as I did to the frame....
I used white sand texture & glitter on the outside edges....
Here are some closeups of detail..
Now,for the final touches.On the left side,I made a bow using recycled ribbon,I love it,as it is already tattered & distressed.I then glued on the Petaloo burlap flower, the holly chipboard & the berry clusters..

I also used the Viva on the rose buds.My flower clusters consist of Prima Audrey Collection,Petaloo Penny Lane-robin egg blue,I am roses Ivory semi open buds & Dusty Attic Mini Holly....
I frayed the burlap that I was working with to mix in with the ribbon & to sting beads & tie on the dangling hearts. I also used the frayed burlap for the lacing...
I did the same treatment on the bottom part of the title. I used white sand texture
Added pearls to the Marrakesh Trellis


h

Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas....Rachelle

2 comments:

  1. Your stocking is just STUNNING! Thank you so much for the wonderful tutorial. It is wonderful to be able to see your process as you created it. You have inspired me to try making a stocking .... it would look so pretty hanging on the mantle! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so beautyful! just a big wow!!! A masterpiece! Thank you for showing all details and steps of your work!

    ReplyDelete