Saturday, December 17, 2016

Believe ***Dusty Attic***

Hello, Rachelle here, with a wreath I made using Dusty Attic Chipboard, 49 and Market, Flower Fairies Collection, Rustic Blooms & Garden Blooms...I also did a photo tut...

The Dusty Attic used:
Wreath with berries
Wreath with Berries
Holly Flourish
Holly Flourish
Foliage #4
Foliage #4
Believe #2
Believe #2
Dusty Attic Pearls
Dusty Attic Pearls
Corrugated Paper
Bubbles Stencil 
Bubbles Stencil
Dusty in Colour Hot Chocolate
Dusty in Color Hot Chocolate
Dusty in Colour Oceania
Dusty in Colour Oceania
Dusty in Colour Mountain Meadow
Dusty in Colour Mountain Meadow
The 49 and Market used:
FF In the Garden FFS 4437 B
Flower Fairies-In the Garden-BS
Rustic Pointsettia Canvas Blooms RB 84369
Rustic Poinsettia Canvas Blooms
Rustic Canvas And Burlap Small Blooms RB 84352
Rustic Canvas and Burlap Small Blooms
Garden Bloom Dusty Shale
Garden Blooms- Dusty Shale
Garden Vine Dusty Shale
Garden Vine-Dusty Shale
Other elements used: Prima Clear Gesso, Prima snow texture paste, Prima glass glitter-pearl, clear crackle, LuminArt H20-Heavenly White, Shimmerz, Inklings-Chocolate & Diamonds, Nuvo Crystal Drops-Antique Rose, Liquid Pearls Robins Egg,Dreamweaver Translucent embossing paste, burlap string, lace, ribbon,old doily, pine cones, place mats
Close ups...












Tutorial
Where I live, we get WINTER, snow & cold. Our days are short, & I spend much more time, inside our home, so I do more Scrapbooking, in the winter months, to pass the winter away. I love to work on winter LO's because of the Snow Texture. You may find my tuts confusing, because I do them, in the order, that I have taken the photos. I have so much on the go, when I am working on a project, plus I have to allow pieces to dry. I do not use a heat gun, I let the pieces dry naturally, either in my front south window, when the sun is out, or my bedroom closest, the smallest warmest room in our home. It has a floor heater, so a placed a rack over top it, & will place pieces of the projects, on that, to allow quicker drying. I also, depending on my day, may have missed a few photos, so I apologize for that.

I painted the small,& large wreath, string & pearls with clear gesso, then glued on some burlap string, & pearls. I painted all of this with the clear gesso again Once the gesso dried I randomly painted them with clear crackle...
Primed the FF"In the Garden-BS" with clear gesso, let dry then did some stencil work, using the DA Bubbles Stencil, & translucent embossing paste...

shows stencil work...
I painted the flowers, with LuminArt H20, Heavenly White, to give them shimmer, & changed the flower centers, using Prills-Sage Advice....
Glued lace, onto a piece of card stock, that I had cut into a circle
Using a brush, I applied  Prima snow texture & sprinkled on the glass glitter, on the wet texture, to the outside edges of the flowers....
Glued the Flower Fairies circle, onto the lace & card stock....

Glued the holly flourish onto the berry wreath. I primed the flourish with the clear gesso...
Primed with clear gesso, & painted with clear crackle...
Painted the wreath & pearls with Nuvo Crystal Drops-Antique Rose
Painted the Holly flourish, with altering DA paints, Oceania, & Mountain Meadow...
Painted clear crackle, on to the Holly Flourish...
Applied Prima Soft Gel, to the BS of the FF circle,,,
& glued it on to the corrugated paper, that I had cut into a circle ( I put a weight on this until the gel dried). I primed the corrugated with the clear gesso, then painted it with clear crackle. I sprinkled on some mini art stones, while the crackle was still wet. I also primed the lace, with the clear gesso, Once every thing dried, I painted the stencil work, lace & corrugated  paper with Shimmerz Inklings Sheer Bliss,to give it shimmer...
I painted these pieces, with Inklings Spotlight white, but was not happy with the color so went over it with the LuminArt Heavenly white...
Painted the lace & stencil work with the sheer bliss...
Glued lace under the corrugated paper, primed it & painted it with sheer bliss...
Glued the berry wreath onto the back ground...
then the smaller wreath..., I painted the Holly Flourish with Liquid Pearls-Robins Egg, then applied snow texture on the wreaths, flourish & the outside edge of the corrugated paper 
Started the flower clusters...
Added more flowers
Glued on the title
Glued on some foliage...
Glued on some pinecones, that I sprayed with a acrylic sealer, then primed with clear gesso. I then painted them with the LuminArt Heavenly white, & applied, using a brush, the snow texture &sprinkled on glass glitter on to the wet texture...
Stitched & glued on the hanging piece & bow..
Took photos outside, staging it with the handmade doily, that I found @ a second hand store for 25 cents, & placing on a round place mat, to stage the photo, then I thought this frames the wreath so I decided to use this as a back ground...

I primed the doily & place mat with the clear gesso, once the gesso dried I painted the doily & matt with the sheer bliss...

Applied snow texture & glass glitter to the outside edges of the mat, I do sections, over a paper plate, using a paint brush to apply the snow texture, then sprinkling on the glass glitter, while the texture is still wet. I tip the project, as I am doing this, so I can keep the excess glitter, I bend the plate & pour it back into the jar...

No sun out today, so into the closet it goes!!!!

Believe in the magic of the season.....Rachelle

2 comments:

  1. Rachelle, your work is simply DIVINE! Always so much beauty in everything you create! This is incredibly gorgeous! Love to see your creations! Merry Christmas to you and your family, Lisa : )

    ReplyDelete