Monday, June 19, 2017

Salt in the Air...."49 and Market"

Hello, Rachelle here with a LO I did, using the BEAUTIFUL Sand & Sea Collection, & Floral Mixology Flowers....
The 49 and Market used:
Sand and Sea
SS-86349 Sand and Sea Collection: Beach This Way a
Beach this Way
SS-86356 Sand and Sea Collection: Seafoam a
Floral Mixology
FM-85687 Floral Mixology - Pina Colada
Pina Colada
FM-85731 Floral Mixology - Mojito
Rustic Barn Med Blooms
The Dusty Attic used:
Tropical Foliage #1
Tropical Foliage #1
Foliage #7
Foliage #7
Salt in the air...
Salt in the Air...
Fancy Trim #3
Fancy Trim #3
Fish Net Panel
Fish Net Panel
mini Shells
mini shells
mini Seagulls
Mini Seagulls
Dress my Craft-Green Sequins
PRILLS Minnie Pearls
Prills Minnie Pearls
The Scrapbook Diaries also retails 49 and Market products & Dusty Attic Chipboard
Other Elements used: Seed beads, pearls, seashells, netting from my Halloween stash, Versa Mark ink pad-pinecone,TH clear crackle paint, LuminArt-Silk-Caribbean Mist & Oyster 

Here are some close ups....
For the back ground,I cut the grass piece out of "Beach this way", did some punch work on the right side, distressed the edges, & handstitched the punch work, before gluing this piece, onto the "Seafoam" sheet. Once I glued this down, I did some cross stitching & hand stitched the outside edges.  For the the cluster, I used a Rustic bloom, & Floral Mixology blooms-Pina Colada & Mojito. I also used DA Foliage, that I just inked, & glued on seed beads & prills onto the one piece, & a couple seashells & pearls....
I matted the photo, with the same papers I was using (from the 8x8 Collection), did some handstitching, glued it onto the netting, then glued on some sequins & prills. I did this before gluing it onto the background, because it is easier to shake off the excess sequins.
I then glued the photo on to a piece of waste chipboard, to raise it, then glued it down to the background. I tucked in the fish net panel under the photo, added the Seahorses & then built the cluster....

I primed the Seahorses with clear gesso, then painted them with the clear crackle, once the crackle dried I painted them & the title with the LuminArt-Caribbean Mist, toned it down with the oyster silk then inked the edges...

I tucked the border under the punch work...
Did another cluster, repeating the other cluster, here are a few more close ups,,,,,

Thank you so much for taking the time to look....Rachelle

1 comment:

  1. Oh Rachelle this is so beautiful! I love how you incorporated two papers to make one. Your hand stitching and cross stitching are incredible! Beautiful flower clusters and use of chippies.